Medical Massage is a soft tissue technique that increases blood and lymph circulation throughout the body and is a general term for rubbing, pressing, and manipulating your ligaments, tendons, muscles, and skin. Medical Massage also assists in healing muscle soreness, decreasing inflammation, and can help increase the range of motion.
In the realm of medical massage, a wide array of techniques exists, ranging from deep pressure to gentle stroking, all tailored to meet the specific needs of your body. Our skilled medical massage therapists collaborate closely with our medical massage therapists to ensure you receive precisely what your body requires during your session and even surpass your expectations. Furthermore, apart from its therapeutic benefits, medical massage is also highly effective in promoting relaxation and overall well-being.
Conditions Treated with Massage Therapy in Bradenton
Many studies have been conducted on what kinds of conditions medical massage therapy can assist with during the healing process. It isn’t only used for stress or relaxation but for a wide variety of natural healing for other conditions. Medical massage therapy can assist and help to speed up the healing process in the following areas:
- Improve range of motion and help to alleviate low-back pain.
- For expectant mothers, it can help to assist with easier, shorter labor.
- Ease the dependence on medications by releasing endorphins that act as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Insomnia due to stress is commonly helped with the use of medical massage therapy, making it possible to sleep at night again.
- Help to relieve the pain caused by fibromyalgia.
- Medical massage therapy provides a release from anxiety and depression.
- The body’s natural defense system is stimulated enhancing immunity.
- Relieve pain caused by consistent migraines.
- Overused, tired, injured, weak, or tight muscles can be relaxed, stretched, and exercised by promoting oxygen and blood circulation to those areas for a faster healing process.
- When being an athlete, you must prepare and recover from harsh workouts. Medical massage therapy stretches the muscles to help to prevent injury or release already existing injuries caused by sports.
- Reduce post-surgery swelling and adhesions, as well as promote tissue regeneration of existing scar tissue and stretch marks
Benefits of Massage Therapy in Bradenton
With the increasing acceptance of medical massage therapy as a healing modality by both individuals and healthcare providers, the remarkable outcomes and wide-ranging benefits have become evident. Patients across various conditions have experienced comprehensive advantages, spanning from neurological disorders and injuries to the strains of modern living and chronic diseases. The transformative potential of medical massage continues to leave a positive impact on the well-being of countless individuals.
For your health and overall well-being medical massage therapy is a great option for those looking for a natural release from everyday pain, anxiety and so much more.
Patients have said to have:
- Have an increase in circulation, which helps to relieve pain and promote healing.
- Improved concentration, and increased energy.
- Decreased anxiety, which leads to better sleep quality.
- Reduced fatigue overall.
- Less stiffness and aches in patients dealing with arthritis.
- Reduced pain, stiffness, and aches in patients who suffer from muscle and joint disorders, or injuries.
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy medical massage because it often involves caring, comfort, a sense of empowerment and creating deep connections with their medical massage therapist.
Despite its benefits, medical massage isn’t meant as a replacement for regular medical care. Let your doctor know you’re trying a massage and be sure to follow any standard treatment plans you have.
When Should I Think About Getting Massage Therapy?
- Before Activity (from playing with kids to marathon)
- After Activity (or Exercise)
- Restorative (for maintaining health and well-being)
- Rehabilitative (After injury or operation)
Risks of Massage
Medical Massage is generally safe as long as it’s done by a trained medical massage therapist, but it is not appropriate for everyone. Discuss medical massage with your doctor first in case of:
- Unexplained pain or other symptoms
- Burns or open wounds
- Blood clots
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Severe osteoporosis
Some forms of medical massage can leave you feeling a bit sore the next day but it shouldn’t be painful or uncomfortable. If any part of your medical massage doesn’t feel right or is painful, speak up right away. Most serious problems come from too much pressure during medical massage.
Relieve your pain with massage therapy today in Bradenton
If you are interested in gaining the many benefits of medical massage therapy, contact us today! Our dedicated medical massage therapists will be happy to meet with you and get you moving once again.
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
Charlene L. Parlett
“I’ve been experiencing pain and stiffness in my arms and hands and was concerned it was something serious, irreversible or required surgery to correct. After 1 session with Neil at Muscleeze the pain and stiffness were gone for a solid 3 weeks. I believe with regular visits every 3-4 weeks I will remain pain free and possibly reverse the cause – without drugs or surgery. Definitely a win in my book!”
“I have been a massage therapist and bodyworker for over 30 years. I have never in my life had an experience like this in my life. Neil was kind enough to make a house call as I couldn’t get away from work. The technique he uses, I believe it’s called the Rosseter Technique, gave me almost instantaneous relief to a hip problem I’ve had for years. I have seen him many times since. He is courteous, respectful, and beyond professional. I will return again and again and I highly recommend him and his services.”